Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Notes on Hamlet

Hamlet seemed, to me as a nice man that wanted to do the right thing and that felt as if he had no other choice but to get revenge for his dad's death. His character seemed genuine as he became involved with Ophelia's character and he fell in love. To me he seemed like the ideal man in distress but as the play continued, I started noticing that I had misjudged his character. He wasn't friendly or loving as he was in the beginning. Now he is just thinking of Claudius' death and making sure he goes to hell. He doesn't want to spare his soul, just as he didn't spare his father's soul. Even so, I think that he has taken everything to an extreme that is unhealthy for him. Instead of actually committing a terrible act, he should just unveil him to the people so they can see what kind of monster they are dealing with. I highly doubt he'll do that though, he has taken a turn for the worst and is determined to kill and sink Claudius to the ground. I think that Hamlet is going to make a dumb decision that will lead to an even dumber action and end up hurting him in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment